Thursday, May 2, 2013

Easter!



I'm really slow to post blogs - I'm going to apologize now for this one and for all of the future times I wait too long to blog :) Unfortunately, this won't be the last time. But, I'll try really hard!

Ok, so... my sister Kiki and her family (husband Aaron, kids Owen and Austen) booked a last minute California trip over Easter! I was super excited because then we actually got to have some family around!

I drove down to San Diego to see them while they were there for a few days and we took a fun trip to Legoland! And then, they came up to LA and stayed in Santa Monica. That was also REALLY fun because we were still in Marina del Rey (until like the last day of their trip when we moved) so we were super close. We got to hang out at the beach and their cute hotel/apartment. Luckily, the hotel let me bring Cali, too, which made my life a ton easier!

Easter morning Scott and I went down to the beach to meet the Fountain family, and what do you know, the Easter bunny had come to the beach for Owen and Austen (really just Owen) to Easter egg hunt! It may or may not have been a late night at the Lonergan house hold the night before (let's be honest, it was a late night for me because my hubby passed out with Cali, haha) preparing for the Easter bunny festivities! But, it was SO fun to be a part of it! Plus, how cool is it that Owen got to Easter egg hunt next to the Santa Monica Pier?

Here are some pics from the time they were here - I only took random pics on my phone so it's not really the whole story, but at least I have a few!

Austen's first time putting her toes in the sand!
Uncle Scott and Owen playin' some iPad
They LOVED each other! Well, Cali was terrified of Austen the first day, but then obsessed after that!

Owen with our mustache ice cubs, thanks Auntie CoCo


Before we went in

It may have been a crazy car ride there, haha :) And, obviously this was a joke, but thought I'd throw it out there 

Owen was fired up for Legoland!

Waiting in line for a roller coaster

Posing in front of the Star Wars Lego characters! He was in heaven, and he's such a ham. Love that boy.

Good Darth Vader face



Also, we decided (again, more me because I'm a girl and I like to be annoying with things like this) that we should take our first "family" pic! Kiki took the pictures for us at the beach and she pretty much captured the essence of the first few weeks we had with Cali, haha :) Love that little pup!



Playing with her Easter egg

Our best shot

Gettin' all crazy already


She might have fallen on her head... only sort of, and only from like 2 feet in the air :/
Here we go...
Let's take the leash off, that's a good idea...
Terrible idea, haha
Getting closer
Or not... she got me (just her claws, not biting)
Almost!
Yea!
She's not looking, but she looks pretty cute
One more looking!
And even another one! (Mind you, there were about 50 takes in between all of these!)
hfdsjgf
Fountain Family :)
Kiki and Austen! So cute!
Aaron, Austen and Owen - jump pic!
Trying something different- she's just not that into it
Gettin' a little crazy again
One more cute one!
We are done! Ha

Austen might have tumped over in the sand... haha

She was a tired pup after a big play day!
I love the sand on her nose and her sleepy eyes haha
:)

1 comment:

  1. Ha!!! Gets me every time I lookat those!!!!!! And I love that poor Austen fell over in the sand! Bahahaha!

    ReplyDelete